Leggy Leader

Leggy Leader
This man suffers from an advanced state of The Palin Syndrome

Friday, September 26, 2008

Isn't there an opening on The View for Couric?


Let's just start off with the obvious: Sarah looked fabulous in her interview with Katie Couric. Fabulous. Now, I'm not mad at Katie for asking retarded questions during the interview. To be honest, I'm getting nervous.

Reading the transcript, then watching the interview made me begin to question Sarah. Then, I realized it's not her, it's the people preparing her for these interviews. They should all be fired. She keeps coming off as rehearsed versus prepared and I know Sarah can do better than that. She is more than a soundbite machine. And I know it's hard to be in a situation where you know you're prettier and smarter than the person you're talking to, but you have to be nice to them anyway.

This interview also got me thinking about why people aren't hitting Joe "Talk First Think Second" Biden these same hardball questions. What gives? Why isn't The Todd out and about a la Jill Biden to support his wife's candidacy?

In short: why is everyone against Sarah all of a sudden? Why all the hateration? Stop asking her why she thinks she is ready to be veep - accept that she just knows that she is, dammit. Stop bringing up that Russia comment. Stop asking her about the shit that honestly most veeps don't fucking deal with. How many people have asked her about domestic issues? What she thinks about education? Healthcare? Shit like that? Why are we asking her about what John thinks about the economy? She doesn't know, go ask him!

I think Sarah's best response in the whole interview was this:

Couric: In preparing for this conversation, a lot of our viewers … and Internet users wanted to know why you did not get a passport until last year. And they wondered if that indicated a lack of interest and curiosity in the world.

Palin: I'm not one of those who maybe came from a background of, you know, kids who perhaps graduate college and their parents give them a passport and give them a backpack and say go off and travel the world. No, I've worked all my life. In fact, I usually had two jobs all my life until I had kids. I was not a part of, I guess, that culture. The way that I have understood the world is through education, through books, through mediums that have provided me a lot of perspective on the world.

Bamn! Way to call out those classist, wine sipping bastards, Sarah! This is what most Americans would say, too. MOST Real Americans also don't gallavant around the world. We learn about shit watching PBS and reading old National Geographics from church rummage sales. Sarah once again reflects how Real Americans live their lives. Why would the Governor of Alaska go all over the world when her job is leading her state? If she spent all her time travelling internationally, the people would attack her for ignoring home. Remember the Mccain motto: "Country First". That is what Sarah has done all her life.

I just want Sarah to be interviewed by someone not trying to earn more publicity for their station, one that won't be condescending and leading. I want her to be interviewed by someone who comes knowing that she is as viable as Biden and doesn't attempt to create an hostile environment. Is that too hard to ask?

No comments: