Leggy Leader

Leggy Leader
This man suffers from an advanced state of The Palin Syndrome

Friday, October 3, 2008

"...whatever she has going there would power the country if we could harness it."

"You have GOT to write about Palin in black at the debate. Forget drilling or nuclear power, whatever she has going there would power the country if we could harness it."


So says the guru at Libertarians for Palin. He smartly articulates the awesome awesomeness that is Sarah Palin. Now, I don't know what debate all of Sarah's naysayers were watching, but the one I watched showed a immaculate, fierce Lady Diva Goddess at her prime. Let's analyze, shall we?

One word: Brilliant.

I could stop the post right there, but I will continue. First off, Joe Biden did well. He was on the brink of ripping off his designer suit and donning some Carharts for all the talk he did about his Scranton upbringing. But, he did good. He even pulled a New Hampshire moment and got all choked up about his kids. I mean...it was cute. Some people swear it is genuine, but I think all that rage he was keeping bottled up from Sarah was really the root of that. There were moments when he looked at her and I could see the wild, animal lust that he has for her. Too bad, he had to go home to Jill Biden that night. And could Jill have been more of an ice queen after the families were invited on stage? There was Gracious Sarah holding Trig Trig and Jill could barely stand next to her while her grandpa husband was fondly touching Piper by the shoulders. Then I see Jill dart off to who? The Todd! The Bidens need to deal with their adulterous desires, because Sarah and Todd are having none of that.

Sarah, forgive me, but your make-up person needs to be shot in the foot. That blush was heavy. You have cheekbones crafted by God and you don't need all that dark blush. And your lip color can go lighter by a shade or two. But, your eyes and teeth sparkled more brightly that Cindy's army mom bling. I knew you would do black and I gambled on hair half up, half down. I would have preferred all up, but whatever. You looked F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! Sexy chic power sassy. Drill, baby! That was all Miss Wasilla last night. With a wink and a shimmy, you could single-handly disarm entire enemy nations.

Gwen Ifill's jacker was cute. That's about it on her.

A lot of people are saying that the bar was set so low that Sarah could only exceed expectations last night. I couldn't disagree more. Sarah was FINALLY allowed to shine. She reached out to the Real American people and told them what they needed to hear. While Joe Biden sung Trig a lullaby with Obama's plans on fixing the economy, Sarah gave 'em the old razzle dazzle and left the specifics for those who were too nerdy to have a date for the prom.

20 Moments of Baffling Brilliance

Moment 1: You walked on stage! You blew kisses!

Moment 2: Keepin' it real

PALIN: Nice to meet you.
BIDEN: It's a pleasure.
PALIN: Hey, can I call you Joe?
BIDEN: (OFF-MIKE)
PALIN: Thank you.
Thank you, Gwen. Thank you. Thank you.

Moment 3: Totally unbiased

You know, I think a good barometer here, as we try to figure out has this been a good time or a bad time in America's economy, is go to a kid's soccer game on Saturday, and turn to any parent there on the sideline and ask them, "How are you feeling about the economy?"

Um, Sarah is a hockey mom, yet she left her bias at the door and spoke to elitist soccer moms everywhere.

Moment 4: First "darn" and "heck" of the evening

PALIN: Darn right it was the predator lenders, who tried to talk Americans into thinking that it was smart to buy a $300,000 house if we could only afford a $100,000 house. There was deception there, and there was greed and there is corruption on Wall Street. And we need to stop that.

PALIN: One thing that Americans do at this time, also, though, is let's commit ourselves just every day American people, Joe Six Pack, hockey moms across the nation, I think we need to band together and say never again. Never will we be exploited and taken advantage of again by those who are managing our money and loaning us these dollars. We need to make sure that we demand from the federal government strict oversight of those entities in charge of our investments and our savings and we need also to not get ourselves in debt. Let's do what our parents told us before we probably even got that first credit card. Don't live outside of our means. We need to make sure that as individuals we're taking personal responsibility through all of this. It's not the American peoples fault that the economy is hurting like it is, but we have an opportunity to learn a heck of a lot of good lessons through this and say never again will we be taken advantage of.

Moment 5: Hey, Government! Get outta the way

Now you said recently that higher taxes or asking for higher taxes or paying higher taxes is patriotic. In the middle class of America which is where Todd and I have been all of our lives, that's not patriotic. Patriotic is saying, government, you know, you're not always the solution. In fact, too often you're the problem so, government, lessen the tax burden and on our families and get out of the way and let the private sector and our families grow and thrive and prosper.

Moment 6: Taking the steering wheel

I want to go back to the energy plan, though, because this is -- this is an important one that Barack Obama, he voted for in '05.

Screw Ifill, Sarah didn't want to talk about campaign promises and the bailout. So she took it back to energy. Drill, baby!

Moment 7:

"And how long have I been at this, like five weeks?"

Moment 8: On bankruptcy: rebuttal

That is not so, but because that's just a quick answer, I want to talk about, again, my record on energy versus your ticket's energy ticket, also. I think that this is important to come back to, with that energy policy plan again that was voted for in '05.

Moment 9: Climate change and energy

And I don't want to argue about the causes. What I want to argue about is, how are we going to get there to positively affect the impacts? We have got to clean up this planet. We have got to encourage other nations also to come along with us with the impacts of climate change, what we can do about that.

Moment 10: Crystal-clear clarity on The Gays

But I also want to clarify, if there's any kind of suggestion at all from my answer that I would be anything but tolerant of adults in America choosing their partners, choosing relationships that they deem best for themselves, you know, I am tolerant and I have a very diverse family and group of friends and even within that group you would see some who may not agree with me on this issue, some very dear friends who don't agree with me on this issue.


But in that tolerance also, no one would ever propose, not in a McCain-Palin administration, to do anything to prohibit, say, visitations in a hospital or contracts being signed, negotiated between parties.

But I will tell Americans straight up that I don't support defining marriage as anything but between one man and one woman, and I think through nuances we can go round and round about what that actually means.

But I'm being as straight up with Americans as I can in my non- support for anything but a traditional definition of marriage.

Moment 10: Bipartisan Unity on Hating the Gays

Your question to him was whether he supported gay marriage and my answer is the same as his and it is that I do not.

Moment 11:

Your plan is a white flag of surrender in Iraq and that is not what our troops need to hear today, that's for sure. And it's not what our nation needs to be able to count on. You guys opposed the surge. The surge worked. Barack Obama still can't admit the surge works.

Moment 12: Kissinger and I are BFFs

No and Dr. Henry Kissinger especially. I had a good conversation with him recently. And he shared with me his passion for diplomacy.

Moment 13: Even though Jews don't love Jesus, Sarah still cares about them

Israel is our strongest and best ally in the Middle East. We have got to assure them that we will never allow a second Holocaust, despite, again, warnings from Iran and any other country that would seek to destroy Israel, that that is what they would like to see.

We will support Israel. A two-state solution, building our embassy, also, in Jerusalem, those things that we look forward to being able to accomplish, with this peace-seeking nation, and they have a track record of being able to forge these peace agreements.

Moment 14: Agreeing on Jew-love, calling out the Blame Game, knowing when to hold 'em and fold 'em

But I'm so encouraged to know that we both love Israel, and I think that is a good thing to get to agree on, Sen. Biden. I respect your position on that.

No, in fact, when we talk about the Bush administration, there's a time, too, when Americans are going to say, "Enough is enough with your ticket," on constantly looking backwards, and pointing fingers, and doing the blame game.

There have been huge blunders in the war. There have been huge blunders throughout this administration, as there are with every administration.

But for a ticket that wants to talk about change and looking into the future, there's just too much finger-pointing backwards to ever make us believe that that's where you're going.

Moment 15:

Oh, yeah, it's so obvious I'm a Washington outsider. And someone just not used to the way you guys operate. Because here you voted for the war and now you oppose the war. You're one who says, as so many politicians do, I was for it before I was against it or vice- versa. Americans are craving that straight talk and just want to know, hey, if you voted for it, tell us why you voted for it and it was a war resolution.

Moment 16: We don't agree on everything and he dies, what is your point?

As for disagreeing with John McCain and how our administration would work, what do you expect? A team of mavericks, of course we're not going to agree on 100 percent of everything. As we discuss ANWR there, at least we can agree to disagree on that one. I will keep pushing him on ANWR. I have so appreciated he has never asked me to check my opinions at the door and he wants a deliberative debate and healthy debate so we can make good policy.

What I would do also, if that were to ever happen, though, is to continue the good work he is so committed to of putting government back on the side of the people and get rid of the greed and corruption on Wall Street and in Washington.

I think we need a little bit of reality from Wasilla Main Street there, brought to Washington, D.C.

Moment 17: Say it ain't so, Joe! and a coupla shout outs

Say it ain't so, Joe, there you go again pointing backwards again. You preferenced your whole comment with the Bush administration. Now doggone it, let's look ahead and tell Americans what we have to plan to do for them in the future. You mentioned education and I'm glad you did. I know education you are passionate about with your wife being a teacher for 30 years, and god bless her. Her reward is in heaven, right? I say, too, with education, America needs to be putting a lot more focus on that and our schools have got to be really ramped up in terms of the funding that they are deserving. Teachers needed to be paid more. I come from a house full of school teachers. My grandma was, my dad who is in the audience today, he's a schoolteacher, had been for many years. My brother, who I think is the best schoolteacher in the year, and here's a shout-out to all those third graders at Gladys Wood Elementary School, you get extra credit for watching the debate.

Moment 18:

In my comment there, it was a lame attempt at a joke and yours was a lame attempt at a joke, too, I guess, because nobody got it. Of course we know what a vice president does.

Moment 19: What achilles heel? Let's talk about how awesome John is.

People aren't looking for more of the same. They are looking for change. And John McCain has been the consummate maverick in the Senate over all these years.

He's taken shots left and right from the other party and from within his own party, because he's had to take on his own party when the time was right, when he recognized it was time to put partisanship aside and just do what was right for the American people.

That's what I've done as governor, also, take on my own party, when I had to, and work with both sides of the aisle, in my cabinet, appointing those who would serve regardless of party, Democrats, independents, Republicans, whatever it took to get the job done.

Also, John McCain's maverick position that he's in, that's really prompt up to and indicated by the supporters that he has. Look at Lieberman, and Giuliani, and Romney, and Lingle, and all of us who come from such a diverse background of -- of policy and of partisanship, all coming together at this time, recognizing he is the man that we need to leave -- lead in these next four years, because these are tumultuous times.

We have got to win the wars. We have got to get our economy back on track. We have got to not allow the greed and corruption on Wall Street anymore.

And we have not got to allow the partisanship that has really been entrenched in Washington, D.C., no matter who's been in charge. When the Republicans were in charge, I didn't see a lot of progress there, either. When the Democrats, either, though, this last go- around for the last two years.

Change is coming. And John McCain is the leader of that reform.

LOOKS LIKE SARAH'S WEAKNESS IS HER UNDYING LOYALTY AND HUMILITY.

Moment 20: In closing...

There have been times where, as mayor and governor, we have passed budgets that I did not veto and that I think could be considered as something that I quasi-caved in, if you will, but knowing that it was the right thing to do in order to progress the agenda for that year and to work with the legislative body, that body that actually holds the purse strings....

--------------------------

You do what I did as governor, and you appoint people regardless of party affiliation, Democrats, independents, Republicans. You -- you walk the walk; you don't just talk the talk.

And even in my own family, it's a very diverse family. And we have folks of all political persuasion in there, also, so I've grown up just knowing that, you know, at the end of the day, as long as we're all working together for the greater good, it's going to be OK.

------------------------------------

I've been there. I know what the hurts are. I know what the challenges are. And, thank God, I know what the joys are, too, of living in America. We are so blessed. And I've always been proud to be an American. And so has John McCain.

We have to fight for our freedoms, also, economic and our national security freedoms.
It was Ronald Reagan who said that freedom is always just one generation away from extinction. We don't pass it to our children in the bloodstream; we have to fight for it and protect it, and then hand it to them so that they shall do the same, or we're going to find ourselves spending our sunset years telling our children and our children's children about a time in America, back in the day, when men and women were free.

We will fight for it, and there is only one man in this race who has really ever fought for you, and that's Sen. John McCain.




No comments: