Leggy Leader

Leggy Leader
This man suffers from an advanced state of The Palin Syndrome

Monday, October 20, 2008

What yo man gots to do wit me?

I don't know who in the hell Maxine Albert is, but apparently she thinks she is smart and authoritative enough to have a blog. She posted a column explaining why she doesn't like Sarah. She spares any intelligent person time by stating that this column will not outline specific, issue-based reasons for her dislike. Ignoring the warning, I continue to read on.

Apparently, Maxine's problem with Sarah is that Sarah is like "the girlfriend you have that you can't trust with your man". REALLY, Maxine? THAT is your reason for not liking Sarah. Hmph. Interesting. I mean, hey, you and I both aren't voting for her, but at least mine follows some sort of logic.

Yours is pure jealousy. And Maxine is pissed because HER MAN would be the man that fucks around with your skanky girlfriend. And let me back the truck up just a bit:

*beep* *beep*

Why would you have friends around you that you can't trust?

So following Maxine's stupid and sexist line of thought, Sarah is untrustworthy because she uses her femininity to gain attention and favor. She exudes more confidence around men. Yes, we all know women like that. And while I find that deplorable as a feminist, here is what I don't do: I don't blame the woman.

Sarah is awesome. OK. Point blank. What Sarah does, sometimes to my dismay, is cower to the patriarchal notion that women need to be pretty to get shit done and get a man's attention. Yes, there are plenty of men on both sides of the aisle that are very demeaning towards Sarah and I don't like it one bit.

But to blame HER for THEIR inability to see women for more than just sex objects is sexist within itself.

And of course, Maxine's jealous.

But like I say to those women on those trashy talk shows, you get mad at him for screwing around on you, not her since he's the one who made a commitment to you.

Hate Sarah for a variety of reason's but don't blame her because your dude comes down with a case of the Palin Syndrome.

No comments: